UBA Tellers Job Recruitment 2018: Teller Recruitment at United Bank for Africa Plc.
United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organization founded in 1949 in Nigeria, UBA has grown to become a Pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA), is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Teller
Reference No: UBATELLER2018
Locations: Abuja, Makurdi- Benue, Lokoja- Kogi, Ilorin South- Kwara
Job Functions: Banking
Industries: Financial Services
- Verify and receive loan and utility bills payments.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality with all information obtained
- Comply with all bank and regulatory body policies, procedures, and regulations
- To accept retail and/or commercial deposits, loan payments, process checking and savings withdrawals
- Answer customer inquiries and refers customers to the proper service area for issues that cannot be resolved at the teller line
- Represent the bank in a manner that maintains and expands positive relations with all customers, potential customers, and co-workers
- Escalate issues on cash shortage, overpayment, loss and theft.
- Time-stamp(Validate) and signature-verify all customers’ requests and refer those that require call-back/status approval to supervisor for action
- Ensure proper and accurate balancing of cash transactions on a daily basis and ensure there is no pending transaction left on the system before closing for the day.
- Promote the bank’s products and services by cross-selling, ascertaining customers need and directing customers to the customer relationship officers or officers concerned.
- Reconciles cash drawer by proving cash transactions; counting and packaging the money, turning in excess cash and mutilated currency to head teller; maintaining the supply of cash and currency
- Associated ad-hoc assignments.
- Minimum Educational level- OND in any related discipline.
- Minimum experience- NIL
- Previous teller experience preferred.
- Basic Accounting and Mathematical skills
- Banking operations, policies, and procedures
- Familiar with retail banking regulations and teller roles and responsibilities relating to each
- The ability to make sound decisions. This may include making on-the-spot decisions regarding customer transactions; weighing customer satisfaction issues with the Bank’s exposure to loss or fraud and the ability to think through and rationalize decisions.
- Excellent customer service skills, attentiveness, information retention, tact and diplomacy in dealing with both customers and employees:
- Detail oriented, a high degree of accuracy and attention to details
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment & under pressure as needed.
- Strong communication & organizational skills
- Fast and error-free processing
- Ability to be calm under pressure
- Good Numerical skills
- Good team player
N50,004.00 – 900,000.00 Annually.
UBA Tellers Job Recruitment 2018 – How to Apply
The mode of application submission is online via UBA career/vacancies portal on (https://uba.jb.skillsmapafrica.com/Job/Index/20913)
Online Application Closing Date
11th May 2018.
- UAC Pre-employment Internship Scheme
- NNPC Recruitment Application Form 2018/2019
- Current Job Vacancies at May and Baker Nigeria Plc
- Current Job Vacancies At Dangote Group Limited
- Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) Recruitment 2018