Standard Chartered Bank Internship Recruitment Program 2019: Standard Chartered Bank International Graduate Programmes 2018/2019
The Standard Chartered Bank PLC hereby invites applications from interested and suitably qualified candidates to apply for the ongoing International Graduate and Internship Program. The Standard Chartered Bank Graduate Scheme is open for young Africans.
The International Graduate Programme is an 18-months long, including 4-weeks of induction, 11-months of training rotations and 6-months of business rotations. Interested candidates must meet the under-listed requirements, before submitting the application form online.
- For our graduate positions, you must have a bachelor’s degree and be eligible to work permanently in the country you are applying for. If you are applying for a position in the UAE, we can consider applications from citizens of Middle Eastern and North African countries.
- For our internships, you must be in your second year of study to apply. We will accept applications from seniors who must complete the national or military service required after graduation. To apply for a trainee position, you must have the legal right to work in the country for which you are applying during the duration of the internship (student or work visas are allowed, provided they are valid for the duration of the internship). stage). We can not apply for a work permit for an internship.
- Because English is Standard Chartered’s business language around the world, you must be able to speak English at the company level. Being able to speak several languages would be an advantage.
- The programme gives you exposure to smaller businesses and multinationals alike, offering ideals for cash flow improvement and capital optimization.
- We will build your skills and knowledge through rotations, to add value and contribute to meeting the needs of our clients.
- The projects you work on will require your analytical skills, an ability to work independently and an instinct for trends and innovations.
- You will learn from the best, evolve professionally as well as personally, and build a firm foundation upon which to specialize later. Here are some experiences you could look forward to:
- Assist in developing sales strategy for clients and pitches for new products
- Learn about segments, industries and ho client working capital cycles impact business
- Analyse research trends and current market conditions to contribute to launching new products to market.
Your Career Progression
At the end of your 18-months programme, you’ll join a role in transaction banking. These could be in areas such as:
- Cash Management
- Securities Services
- Trade Services
What will my International Graduate Programme look like?
1-MONTH: International Induction
11-MONTHS: Training Rotation
6-MONTHS: Business Rotation
How to Apply for Standard Chartered Bank Internship Recruitment Program 2019
Interested candidates should visit the official recruitment portal/website on (https://www.sc.com/graduates/index.php?id=8) to register. Applicants are warned to desist from giving any form of gratification/inducement, in return for support or guidance in filling a form and submitting a successful application.
There are a few steps to the application process. Below should help you understand what you’ll need to prepare for each stage:
Short application form
When you complete the online form, you can include:
- Educational experience
- Work or volunteering experience and dates
- A personal statement:
- What you’ll bring to the role
- Why SCB is your preferred choice. What makes us different?
- Skills and experiences from your studies that you’ll bring to your role with Standard Chartered
- Specifics of your work, volunteering or community experience that you’ll bring to your role with Standard Chartered
Online strengths assessment
This is a personality test that helps both you and us assess whether you’re a good fit for the role. There are no right or wrong answers to these questions, just be yourself and answer truthfully.
Numerical and abstract reasoning tests
The aptitude tests help us match your ability to the right role. The tests will get progressively more challenging based on your answers and should only take 12-15 minutes.
The first time we meet you will be via an online video interview. We’ll talk about your application and your strengths.
The first time we meet in person will be with the graduate team at your local Standard Chartered offices.
Face-to-face business interview
When you’re through to the final stage, you’ll interview with the people you’ll be working with. They’ll already be working in the stream you applied for.