N-Power Recruitment Latest News Update 2019: N-power Nigeria Latest News | Daily Updates.
In a press release at the just concluded 10th Bola Tinubu Colloquium themed Investing in people, more insight was unveiled on the NPower programme and the impact it has made in communities across Nigeria. The presidential Aide on Job Creation, Mr. Afolabi Imoukhuede spoke about the program.
We sat down with the cluster heads of the various social investment programmes and they gave us a unique insight into the coverage, impact and lessons from their respective social investment programmes.
NPower which is for young Nigerians between the ages of 18 to 35 is an intervention programme that is already addressing the challenge of youth unemployment. NPower provides the structure for large scale and relevant work skills acquisition and development while linking its core outcomes to fixing inadequate public services and stimulating the larger economy.
Where are we now:
- 200,000 graduates have been engaged and given devices.
- The Federal Government entered Into an Asset Finance Agreement with the Bank of industry to provide each NPower Beneficiary a device pre-loaded With content from Cisco, Google, Microsoft and Learn Africa.
- Each device has over one million resources for learning and comes with free internet subscription.
- 300,000 graduates have been selected and physically verified.
- In its commitment to revive Nigeria’s apprenticeship culture. the Federal Government has spent 1.4 billion on Tools and Training Consumables.
The Future of the Programme
- The Federal Government is extending the N Power programme to reach our young ones through NPower Junior
- The Federal Government is equipping our youths with the skills and support to lead in the technology space through N Power Tech
- The Federal Government will equip our young people with creative and technology skills through NPower Creative
- 300,000 N-Power Beneficiaries will be deployed this year
- More NPower Build Beneficiaries will be deployed
What has been the most fulfilling part of working on NPower?
The most fulfilling part of working on N Power for me is the opportunity to witness firsthand the hope that accompanies smiles when young people are offered placement in the programme. President Muhammadu Buhari’s noble commitment to people Investment has opened the doors of dignity to the unemployed and renewed hope that it is possible for the people to be the priority of the Federal Government.
Is there a link between N-Power and other Social Investment Programmes?
Yes, there is a link between N-Power and other social investment programmes. NPower volunteers are for example, encouraged to seek for start-up fund from the Government Enterprise and Empowerment Programme (GEEP), GEEP is a micro-lending intervention that targets traders, artisans, enterprising youth, farmers and women by providing loans ranging from 10.000 to 100,000 Naira at no monthly cost to beneficiaries.
In addition, NPower Volunteers serve as enumerators & data collectors for the National Home Grown School Feeding (NHGSP) and the Conditional Cash Transfer Programmes of the National social Investment Programme (NSIP)
What roles can States, Local Governments and other Non-Governmental entities play in N-Power?
The many States, Local Governments and other non-governmental entities are synergizing With the Federal Government by producing the conducive environment and other logistics support for the survival and sustainability of the NPower programme. In addition, they can improve the support for the programme by way of the provision of basic Infrastructural, Financial and Human capacity resource for effective Implementation and Monitoring.
- Kaduna Teachers’ Recruitment List of Shortlisted Candidates
- Defence Space Administration Recruitment 2018
- N-Power Deployment List 2017-2018 Shortlisted Applicants
- NPower Update On State Currently Deploying Pre-Selected Applicants
For questions or enquiries regarding N-Power Recruitment Latest News Update 2019, kindly drop your comment below. Stay updated by subscribing to Prime Time News via Email.