MultiChoice Talent Factory Film Academy Skills Development Program 2018: Talent Factory Film Skills Development Programme at MultiChoice.
At MultiChoice Africa, the entertainment industry in Africa is at the heart of who we are and what we do. This social investment program demonstrates our commitment, along with long-term partnerships with government, stakeholders and creative organizations, to develop Africa’s creative industries in dynamic economic centers. This is how MultiChoice uses the power of entertainment to enrich lives.
MultiChoice Talent Factory (MTF) invites application from interested candidates to apply for:
Title: MultiChoice Talent Factory (MTF) Film Skills Development Programme
Locations: Lagos, Federal Republic of Nigeria; Nairobi, Republic of Kenya and Lusaka, Republic of Zambia
Duration: 12 Months
About the Programme
- In 2018, the company established the multiple choice Talent Factory (MTF), a social investment initiative to ignite African creative industries and transform them into powerful economic powers. As a company born and raised in Africa, we are committed in the long term to make a socioeconomic difference and create shared value in the countries in which we operate.
- As such, we launched the MTF to have a positive impact on the technical and professional value chain in the film and television industry throughout the continent. Established in collaboration with stakeholders across the continent, MTF aims to provide the creative industries with a platform to learn and develop skills, participate and connect with each other for their shared passions through three touchpoints that include the MTF Academy.
- The MTF Academy is a 12-month tailored training program organized in regional academies based in Kenya, Nigeria and Zambia, led by industry experts as Academy Directors. Working hand in hand with local organizations, creative regulatory and governmental interlocutors across the continent, multiple choice uses its employees, its facilities and its network to provide young emerging filmmakers with the skills, knowledge, experience and qualifications necessary to help graduates of the MTF in the creative industry.
- Through the MTF, Multichoice Africa will consolidate its commitment to the enrichment of life by developing the art of storytelling and story making, while at the same time developing local content on our DSTV and GoTV platforms and continuing to Africa’s rich heritage, cultural diversity and diversity across our local channels including SuperSport, M-Net, Africa Magic, Maisha Magic East, Maisha Magic Bongo and Zambezi Magic.
- MultiChoice is inviting eligible applicants to apply for the MultiChoice Talent Factory film skills development programme. The MTF Academy offers eligible applicants who are passionate about telling their own stories a unique opportunity to improve their skills and ultimately contribute to the growth of the local and pan African film and broadcasting industries.
- The MTF Academy initiative will operate in Lagos, Federal Republic of Nigeria; Nairobi, Republic of Kenya and Lusaka, Republic of Zambia for 12 months, with a production break to be determined by MultiChoice at its sole discretion
In this document, the following terms shall have the definitions set out below:
- “Intellectual Property Rights” means any and all rights, title and interest in and to past and future copyright, patents, production rights, performance rights, rights in and to scripts, utility models, trademarks, trade names, service marks, designs, databases, graphics, icons, semi-conductor topography, know-how, trade secrets and inventions (whether patentable or not), goodwill and all other intellectual property as may exist anywhere in the world;
- “MTF Academy” means the MultiChoice Talent Factory skills development programme;
- “MultiChoice” or “us” means MultiChoice group of companies, including our partners, promoters and sponsors and any other person involved with the MTF Academy;
- “Production” means “production” as the term is generally understood in the film and entertainment industry including, without limitation, scripting, cinematography, sound, editing, set design, directing and casting; and
- “Works” means any story outlines, treatments and scripts or other outputs produced during the course of each participant’s participation in the MTF Academy.
Unless specifically stated otherwise in writing by MultiChoice, the MTF Academy is not open to:
- Directors, members, partners, agents, employees or consultants of MultiChoice;
- The spouses, life partners, business partner or associate, or the natural or adopted parent, child, or sibling, of any of the persons specified above; and
- A permanent resident residing in any of the countries specified below.
To be eligible to participate in the MTF Academy, applicants must:
- Have a qualification from a registered and/or recognized post-secondary education institution as set out in clause 4.3.5 below; and/or
- Have experience in the film industry.
Applicants who hold a qualification must:
- Be over 18 years of age;
- Be citizens and residents of the countries from which they are selected by MultiChoice to participate in the MTF Academy initiative, namely Angola, Botswana, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe;
- Be fluent in English in terms of speaking, reading and writing;
- Demonstrate passion for the drama, film, television or related media and entertainment industry during selection interviews; and
- Have completed a relevant qualification from an accredited and/or recognised tertiary education institution in drama, film, television or a related media field, within the last 2 years. For the avoidance of doubt, the said qualification must be obtained only from a post-secondary education institution which has been accredited or recognised by a relevant registered institution.
Applicants with Relevant Experience
Applicants who have experience in the drama, film, television or related media and entertainment industry and who do not hold a qualification from an accredited and/or recognised tertiary institution will be considered for admission to the MTF Academy if they:
- Meet the requirements stipulated in the qualifications above;
- Have the highest secondary school qualification as recognised in the countries where they completed their secondary education;
- Not more than 2 years’ work experience in the drama, film, television or related media and entertainment fields;
- Are able to demonstrate knowledge and passion for the drama, film, television or related media and entertainment fields as indicated in the [Interpretation clause: “MultiChoice” or “us” means MultiChoice group of companies, including our partners, promoters and sponsors and any other person involved with the MTF Academy]; and
- Possess the foundational technical skills in the fundamentals of Production as determined by MultiChoice in its sole discretion.
MultiChoice Talent Factory Film Academy Skills Development Program 2018 – How to Apply
Interested candidates should visit the official recruitment website/portal on (https://multichoicetalentfactory.com/Account/ViewLogin) to apply. Please note that the application form is FREE and must be submitted once.
Online Application Closing Date:
July 5th, 2018.
- You must register on the MTF Academy website at multichoicetalentfactory.com;
- Correctly and fully complete the online application form;
- Write an online a motivation letter; and
- Collate and electronically submit all of the relevant supporting documents listed below:
- Your Curriculum Vitae; including contactable references
- Certified copy of academic transcripts or certificate from a tertiary institution; and/or
- You may also be required to provide references or any other documents that MultiChoice may stipulate.
- Your application must be submitted online by no later than the Closing Date and Time.
- Federal Ministry Of Employment Recruitment 2018
- Workforce Group Massive Job Recruitment 2018
- Ongoing Job Vacancies At Christian Aid (CA) Nigeria
- First Bank Recruitment 2018/2019 and How to Apply
- How To Apply On FRSC Recruitment Login Portal
- Vitafoam Nigeria Plc Management Trainee Programme (MTP) 2018
- Sterling Bank Graduate Trainees Recruitment Programme 2018
- Olam Nigeria Graduate Supply Chain Trainee Scheme 2018