METI Japan Internship Programme 2019: The Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI) Government of Japan Internship Program 2019/2020.
Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI) Japanese Government Internship Programme: As Japanese companies recruit young foreign talents for internships, Japan achieves greater internationalization for its employees and organizations, and changing awareness working with foreigners and experiencing intercultural communication, building networks and developing internal systems in collaboration with foreign universities to attract foreign talent.
Foreign citizens from developing countries (OECD / DAC member countries) FYI 2016-2017 participants in this program are not eligible to participate.
Recruitment Numbers: 220 interns (around 40 will be international students in Japan)
Private-sector companies, industry associations, and non-profit corporations in Japan. Host companies are determined after matching by the Program Office and subsequent approval by the Screening Committee.
International students in Japan:
A･B: Around 3 months from August to Tuesday, December 4
Overseas foreign nationals:
C: Entering Japan on Sunday, September 2 & departing Tuesday, November 20
D: Entering Japan on Monday, September 10 & departing Thursday, November 29
E: Entering Japan on Tuesday, September 18 & departing Friday, December 7
F: Entering Japan on Tuesday, September 25 & departing Thursday, December 13
G: Entering Japan on Monday, October 1 & departing Tuesday, December 18
H: Entering Japan on Monday, October 8 & departing Friday, December 21
*The Program Office will determine whether participants will follow schedule C, D, E, F, G or H.
Applicants satisfying all the following requirements are eligible.
- Agreeing with the spirit of this program, and through the internship promoting the internationalization of Japanese companies, developing the overseas business of Japanese companies, and working together to construct networks with overseas universities etc.
- As a rule, applicants should be at least 20 years of age and no older than 40 as at June 30, 2018.
- Applicants must able to submit a school or university enrolment or graduation certificate as well as a letter of recommendation from an affiliated university or institution etc.
- Able to undertake both the internship and Pre-Training full-time at the host company. (International students must also able to balance these against their studies)
- Holding citizenship of an eligible country or region.
- Proficiency in Japanese language (JLPT level N3 or higher) or proficiency in English.
- Other requirements meeting any individual conditions stipulated by the host company.
- Applicant must not have participated in this Program in 2016, 2017.
- Allowance: 4,000 yen per day for living cost. This amount is payable per day for the entire duration of the internship (except for international students living in Japan, who will be paid for active days only)
- Round-trip economy class air ticket, travel insurance (international students in Japan not eligible)
- Internship insurance
- Transportation and accommodation expenses including training program fee when participating in training.
How to Apply for METI Japan Internship Programme 2019
Interested candidates should visit the official website/portal on (https://internshipprogram.jp/english/foreign) to apply. Selection is conducted through document screening, primary interview (local language/English/Japanese).
Note: As part of the selection process, various certificates (university qualifications, language skills, etc.), letters of recommendation, photographs, documents required for the visa, etc. are to be submitted individually.
Online Application Closing Date:
Will be Announced.