Korean Government Scholarship 2019/2020 Application Form: Korean Government Scholarship Program (GKSP) 2019 for International Students.
The Korean Government Scholarship Program is now open for international students interested in pursuing their degree programme at Korea Tertiary Institutions. The KGSP scholarship will contribute to promoting the international exchange in education and deepen mutual friendship among countries.
Applications are hereby invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates to apply for:
Title: Korean Government Scholarship Program
- To provide international students with opportunities to conduct advanced studies in undergraduate & graduate programs at higher educational institutions in the Republic of Korea in order to promote international exchanges in education and mutual friendship between countries.
Available Options in Universities
- Undergraduate course: 4-year courses at designated universities.
- Transferring between universities is not allowed. (e.g. Starting studies at the junior year is not allowed.)
- Graduate course: Masters or Ph.D. courses at general graduate schools of Korean universities.
Total Candidates to be Selected
170 persons (undergraduate course), 700 persons (graduate course)
Korea Language Training
Grantees are required to take Korean language training courses for 1 year at a language institution located on-campus of the domestic universities. (Those who have attained a Korean language fluency score higher than level 5 in TOPIK are exempt from this requirement.)
KGSP Scholarship Requirements/Qualifications
Both an applicant and his/her parents must be citizens of their country of origin.
- Applicants should not hold Korean citizenship.
- Applicants should have adequate health, both mentally and physically, to stay in a foreign country for a long time.
- Should be under 25 years of age at the date of entrance. (Undergraduate)
- Should be under 40 years of age at the date of entrance. (Graduate)
- Have finished or be scheduled to finish formal education of all elementary, middle, high school courses by the date of arrival. (Undergraduate)
- Possess a grade point average (G.P.A.) above 80% from the last educational institution attended.
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree or a Master’s degree by the date of arrival. (Graduate)
- Applicants who have previously achieved in any undergraduate program, master’s program, or doctoral program in Korea cannot apply for this program.
- However, a former or current KGSP scholar who hold the overall grade of 90% or above can reapply to this program once either through the embassy or university track.
|Announcement released||Sept. in the year prior to planned studies in Korea||Feb. in the year of planned studies in Korea|
(Korean Embassies, designated universities)
|Oct.-Nov. in the year prior to planned studies in Korea||Mar.-Apr. in the year of planned studies in Korea|
|Results released||Jan. in the year of planned studies in Korea||June in the year of planned studies in Korea|
|Arrival in Korea||Late Feb. in the year of planned studies in Korea||Late Aug. in the year of planned studies|
|Living Allowance||Medical |
|Award for |
|Actual cost||KRW 200,000||Under|
than 5 million
KRW per semester)
How to Apply for Korean Government Scholarship 2019
NIIED invites the Korean Embassy in the invited country or a domestic university to recommend potential candidates. Applicants should submit all documents related to their scholarship application to the Korean Embassy in their country of residence to or the domestic university concerned.
The Korean Embassy or the domestic university sends proper candidates to NIIED with the required documents. NIIED evaluates potential candidates and notifies the Korean Embassy of the final selected KGSP grantees.
For more information, visit (http://www.studyinkorea.go.kr/en/sub/gks/allnew_invite.do)
- Teach For Nigeria Application Form 2018
- Procter and Gamble recruitment for Fresh Graduate Sales Interns
- Apply for IJMB, get 200-level university admission without JAMB
- Chinese Government African Union Scholarships (Masters and PhD)
- Agbami Medical and Engineering Professionals Scholarship Award 2018
- Australian Fully Funded Scholarships at University of New South Wales, 2018
- 2018 Federal Government Scholarship Awards Tenable In Nigerian Tertiary Institutions
Subscribe to Prime Time News via E-mail to receive tips, articles and latest updates about trending Jobs and events. You can withdraw your consent at any time.