DPR Past Questions and Answers 2019/2020: Department of Petroleum Resources, DPR Aptitude Test Exam Questions and Answers.
This is post is meant to guide and update candidates who wish to participate in the upcoming DPR recruitment 2018/19: Applicants will get the latest news on DPR shortlisted candidates as well as the Department of Petroleum Resources Past Questions & Answers right here.
The Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR) usually conducts a Computer Based Test (CBT) for successful candidates. Therefore, we have compiled the DPR Past Questions and Answers PDF Version, for the benefits of candidates who will be taking part in the aptitude test/examination.
Candidates should note that Dpr test questions comprise of quantitative reasoning, physics, engineering, further maths, geology, economics, history, chemistry, current affairs, general knowledge etc. The DPR interview questions are conducted in batches, below is the Dpr past questions and answers.
DPR Past Questions and Answers 2019
1) When walking, a certain person takes 16 complete steps in 10 seconds. At this rate, how many complete steps does the person take in 72 seconds?
A. 45 B. 78 C. 86 D. 90 E. 115
2) In computer jargon, what do you understand by ROM?
A. Read Only Memory
B. Random Only Memory
C. Real Output Memory
D. Read Output Memory
3) A body is floating in seawater with 2/3 of its volume above the surface. The weight of the displaced water is?
A. Less than the weight of the body
B. Equal to the weight of the body
C. More than the weight of the body
D. Not enough information provided.
Questions 4 – 9 refer to the following: A tank is a vertical cylinder with inside diameter of 6ft and a height of 15ft.
4) What is the volume of liquid in cubic feet if we fill the tank to one foot high?
A. 28.27 ft3
B. 18.8 ft3
C. 113.1 ft3
D. 424.1 ft3.
5) What is the total volume of the tank in cubic feet?
A. 1686.5 ft3
B. 442.5 ft3
C. 424.1 ft3
D. 847.5 ft3.
6) What is the volume of water in cubic ft in the tank if a measure stick indicates the water surface is 6 feet below the top of the tank?
A. 170.2 ft3
B. 254.4 ft3
C. 1017.9 ft3
D. 678.6 ft3.
7) What is the weight in pounds of the tank, as in the above case, if the tank itself weighs 20 lbs per ft of height?
A. 63,424 lbs
B. 42,241 lbs
C. 16,151 lbs
D. 10,605 lbs.
8) How much would water in gallons have to be removed to reduce the total weight of the tank plus water, as in the above case, by 20%?
A. 388 gals
B. 3,230 gals
C. 2,121 gals
D. 626 gals.
9) What would be the new level of the water, as measured from the top of the tank, if the water in the above case (the equivalent of 20% of total weight) is removed?
A. 10.4 ft
B. 12.7 ft
C. 7.1 ft
D. 7.8 ft.
10) What is the full meaning of PSC as it concerns the Nigerian oil sector
A. Pipeline Safety Commission
B. Production Sharing Contract
C. Production Service Controller
D. Petroleum Servicing Companies
11) Whay year was the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) formed
12) Pick the odd one out
B. Joint Venture
C. Technical Service Contract/Agreement (TSA)
D. Land agreements
13) Which of this is not an objective of the Petroleum Industry Bill (PIB)
A. Vesting of petroleum and natural gas
B. Allocation of acreage
C. Government participation
D. Expatriate programme
For questions 14 to 18, select the correct preposition or adverb:
14) He insisted _____ seeing the documents.
15) It never occurred _____ me to ask him for proof of his identity.
16) I object to being kept waiting. Why can’t you be _____ time?
17) I was _____ the impression that I had paid you for the work you did for me.
18) Buying presents for children is sometimes very difficult. ___ the end I bought a kite for Tom.
19) What are two safety precautions that should be taken before driving your car?
20) In computer jargon, what do you understand by CPU?
A. Computer Processing Unit
B. Computer Procedure Utility
C. Central Processing Unit
D. Central Power Unit
21) The five cogs are turning in the same direction and at the same speed. Which two will clash at a given moment?
(A.) A and B (B.) B and C (C.) C and D (D.) D and E
22) What is the equation for Ohm’s law?
A. V = IR
B. V = I/R
C. R = VI
D. I = VR
23) In direct current I = 3A, R = 4W. Calculate V;
A. 1.33 V
B. 6 V
C. 12 V
D. 24 V
24) What becomes V if we use 2 resistors of 4W in parallel?
A. 2.66 V
B. 6 V
C. 12 V
D. 24 V
25) Which of the following pair of countries consist of the permanent security council of UN
A. Brazil, Germany, France, USA, China
B. France, China, USSR, USA, Britain
C. France, Britain, Brazil, New Zealand
D. France, Germany, Japan, China
26) In order to qualify for the post of President in Nigeria the person must be _____ and above
A. 35 years
B. 20 years
C. 40 years
D. 55 years
27) The name Nigeria coined out of _______
A. Niger Forest
B. Niger Area
C. Niger River
D. Niger Textures
28) The first Inspector General of the Police Force was
A. Teslim Balogun
B. Louis Edet
C. Ademola Adetokunbo
D. Mike Okiro
In the following question, a related pair of words or phrases is followed by five lettered pairs of words or phrases. Select the lettered pair that best expresses a relationship similar to that expressed in the original pair.
29) COLOR : SPECTRUM
A. tone : scale
B. sound : waves
C. verse : poem
D. dimension : space
30) Choose the lettered word or phrase that is most nearly opposite in meaning to the word DIFFUSE:
For questions 31 to 37, select the correct answer:
31) I don’t know_____.
A. where is your pen
B. where your pen is
C. where your is pen
D. where is the pen of yours
32. If you want to see him, ______.
A. please let me to know
B. let me to know please
C. please let me know
D. let me please to be known
33. _______, the little girl ran out of the yard.
A. Being afraid of the dog
B. The dog she is afraid of
C. The dog has been afraid of
D. Was being afraid of the dog
34. The manager_____ here at 4 p.m.
A. is supposing to arrive
B. is supposed to arrive
C. will suppose to arrive
D. is supposed to be arrived
35. Due to the devaluation, many people have become rich, but many others _______.
B. have been ruined
C. have ruined
D. would have ruined
36. The man has been hospitalized since yesterday ______.
A. because his serious wound
B. because of his serious wound
C. because of his seriously wound
D. because his wound seriously
37. Your suggestion, ______ , is beneficial to both the company and the employees.
A. different than his
B. as well as he
C. as he is
D. like his
In the sentence below, choose the word or set of words for each blank that best fits the meaning of the sentence as a whole.
38) Early _____ of hearing loss is ______ by the fact that the other senses are able to compensate for moderate amounts of loss, so that people frequently do not know that their hearing is imperfect.
(A) discovery … indicated
(B) development … prevented
(C) detection … complicated
(D) treatment … facilitated
For questions 39 to 42, choose the correct tense for the verbs in brackets:
39) I usually go by train, but this weekend I am going by bus. It (take) longer but it costs less.
C. is taken
D. will take
40) I (not think) your brother is enjoying the party. He keeps looking at his watch.
A. doesn’t think
B. didn’t think
C. don’t think
D. am not thinking
41) The hall (be) painted at the moment, so it isn’t looking its best.
A. is being
C. is to be
D. will be
42) At present I’m having my typewriter (repair).
C. is repaired
D. being repaired
43) If x = y – 9, and y – 4 = 10, x = ?
D. A and B
44) What is the force in pounds exerted upwards on a piston with a diameter of 4 inches if a gauge indicates the internal pressure in the cylinder is 1000 psi?
A. 4000 lbs
B. 250 lbs
C. 50,266 lbs
D. 12,566 lbs
45) What is the weight in kilograms of a string of pipe that is 11,500 ft long and weighs .33 pounds per inch?
A. 1,725 kg
B. 20,700 kg
C. 45,540 kg
D. 3795 kg
46) How much time in minutes will it take a car driving at 90 km/hr to travel 27 kilometers?
A. 3.3 minutes
B. 2430 minutes
C. 18 minutes
D. 0.3 minutes
47) What is the total capacity in gallons of a rectangular tank 5 meters in height knowing that it will hold 200 liters per foot?
A. 3281 gal
B. 1000 gal
C. 867 gal
D. 8670 gal
- To download the full PDF version of DPR Past Questions and Answers, applicants are required to pay the sum of ₦1,500 only.
- Endeavour to follow the procedure by dropping your phone number and Email with the following message, “ I Need DPR Recruitment Past Questions and Answers” using the comment box.
- Applicants are hereby warned for their own interest not to pay any money to anyone to assist them in the Department of Petroleum Resources job recruitment exercise.