Australia Awards Scholarship Application Form 2019: Applications are now open for the Australia Awards Scholarship Programmes 2019/2020.
Australia, the cornerstone of the Australian Government’s development assistance program for Africa, provides access to higher education, training and professional development opportunities for duly qualified Africans from eligible countries. Upon returning to the labor market, Australia Alumni Awards must actively contribute to the development of their country of origin.
Australian scholarships are postgraduate scholarships that lead to an academic qualification from an Australian university. The objective of these awards is to provide quality education and training to talented Africans who, upon returning to their country, can make a significant contribution to national or regional development.
Australian scholarships are currently offered at the master’s level. The selected sectors reflect the areas identified as priority by the partner governments and in which Australia is recognized for its world-class experience and experience.
The Australian awards are designed to promote knowledge, links to education and lasting bonds between Australia and our neighbors through Australia’s extensive scholarship programs. The initiative aims to create a new generation of world leaders with close ties to Australia.
Award types include:
- Australian Awards Scholarships, to undertake higher degree studies in Australia at Masters level.
- Australia Awards Short Courses, to undertake short-term, targeted professional training courses, in Australia and/or in Africa, in a range of development-focused sectors.
Priority areas are:
- Agricultural Productivity
- Extractives and Natural Resource Management
- Public Policy (especially those focussed on governance and economic policy, including trade policy)
Applications from exceptional candidates will also be considered in the following sectors:
- Gender Studies
- Health Infrastructure
The following countries are eligible for Scholarships:
- South Africa
- Citizen of an eligible African country
- Minimum academic requirement: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Mid-level to senior-level professional, currently employed in a relevant field
- Meet relevant post-graduate work experience requirements
- Demonstrate a clear vision of how the knowledge gained through the scholarship will be used to improve policy, practice or reform in their home country
- Satisfactory English proficiency to enable full participation in a training course delivered in English
- Satisfy all requirements of the Australian Government for the appropriate student visa (subclass 500).
English Language requirements and support
All studies undertaken under Australia Awards are in English and, for postgraduate studies at an Australian University, a high level of English proficiency is required.
English requirements for Masters Awards:
- Candidates for Masters Awards may be required to sit a language proficiency test as part of the selection and course placement process.
- Language proficiency is tested through the International English Language Testing System (IELTS), an internationally recognized practical English language assessment used by those seeking international education.
- Alternatively, candidates requiring evidence of English Language Proficiency may also use Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) results.
- If you are submitting IELTs or TOEFL scores with your application, they should not be more than one year old at the time you make your application.
Australia Awards Masters Scholarship
Entitlements for holders of a Masters Scholarship include the following:
- The full costs of tuition fees for up to two years
- An economy class flight to and from Australia. Note: Excess baggage and travel insurance charges are not covered
- An approximate annual stipend of AUD30,000 to cover living expenses while on-Award in Australia
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC), which covers basic medical costs
- A once-off Establishment Allowance of AUD5,000 to assist with the costs of starting life in Australia and commencing the course (e.g. course books and materials, rental deposits, household items, etc.)
- Awardees, whose families remain in their home country, may be entitled to a reunion airfare allowing them to travel home, midway through the course. This is only available to Awardees whose course is for two years or longer
How to Apply for Australia Awards Scholarship Application Form 2019
Interested candidates should visit the official Scholarship portal/website on (http://www.australiaawardsafrica.org) to register. Applicants are warned to desist from giving any form of gratification/inducement, in return for support or guidance in filling a form and submitting a successful application.
Online Application Closing Date:
3rd December 2018.
- Guaranty Trust Bank Nationwide Internship Programme 2018
- NNPC SNEPCo Undergraduate Scholarship Program 2018
- Coca-Cola Scholars Program Scholarship Award 2018/2019
- 2018 MTN Foundation Scholarship Exam And Shortlisted Candidates
- NLNG Post-Primary and Undergraduate Scholarships 2018/2019
- Pension Funds Administrators (PFA) Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2018
- Australian Fully Funded Scholarships at University of New South Wales, 2018
- WAEC GCE 2018/2019 Private Candidates January/February Exam Time-Table
Subscribe to Prime Time News via E-mail to receive tips, articles and latest updates about trending Jobs and events. You can withdraw your consent at any time.